Monday 3 February 2014

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Synopsis (from Goodreads)

Pages: 565
Publisher: Walker Books
Released: 19th of March 2013
Other Books In The Series:
                                       Clockwork Angel
                                       Clockwork Prince



London 1873 shape-shifter Tessa Gray 16 is engaged to Jem Carstairs 17, dying of addiction to demon drug, all bought up by evil Mortmain

The "clockwork prince" controls an army of automatons to abduct Tess, kill the Shadowhunters, and blackmail Charlotte Branwell, head of London Institute. Will and Tessa hide their love, for love of Jem.

What I Have To Say

There is so much to say about this book, but it's a little hard to express without a whole lot of fangirling, squealing and as usual with the books I like, weeping. I'm filled with a lot of emotions, but most of them are sadness about this series being over. 

I didn't really get into the Mortal Instruments series. It may have just been the first book that didn't quite feel special to me, so I'm going to try reading the rest of the series. But this series, the Infernal Devices caught me from the first book. I feel in love with Will and Jem and Tessa and with their whole world, their whole lives. 

With this book I fell in love with new characters. Cecily, who is so like Will and so her own character in just the right ways. And with Gabriel, who I never expected to like, but ended up liking anyway. 

I just wish that I had more books to read about the London institute. That the series hadn't just ended at three books. I know that we may see some of the characters again in other books, but it just won't be the same. 

That said, if you haven't read this trilogy yet, you have to. The characters are witty and funny and so lifelike and it is just a series where you can fall in love with everything and everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment