Thursday 20 March 2014

Steadfast by Claudia Gray

Synopsis (from Goodreads)

Pages: 346
Publisher: Harper Teen
Released: 4th of March 2014
Other Books In The Series: Spellcaster

Nadia, Mateo, and Verlaine have saved Captive's Sound from the dark Sorceress Elizabeth...or so they thought. Despite their best efforts, a crack opened and a new, greater evil seeped through. With Mateo as her Steadfast, Nadia's magic is magnified and she is more powerful than ever. But there is still so much she doesn't know about the craft, leaving her open and vulnerable to a darker magic...which has begun to call Nadia's name.

What I Have To Say

I'm not sure whether I like Steadfast better than Spellcaster. I like them both for different reasons. Spellcaster was all new and exciting with the type of magic that I love, which is still there in Steadfast but it's not so new anymore. But I think I prefer the plot of Steadfast, it felt a lot more interesting than the plot of Spellcaster. I especially liked how much 
 more involved the town was, because it felt as though they were rather oblivious in Spellcaster, but in Steadfast, they can't help but notice.

I loved the manipulation and how Elisabeth was trying to split apart the group, but I feel like it didn't really amount to anything. Other than worrying them all, it didn't really have much effect.

I really enjoyed the ending though. I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait for the next book because this series looks like it's getting good. I'm really looking forward to seeing what's next and how Nadia will cope with it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment