Monday 27 October 2014

Lips Touch: Three Times by Laini Taylor

Synopsis (from Goodreads)

My thanks go to Hodder and Stoughton as well as BookBridgr for providing me with this copy. 

Pages: 266
Publisher: Hodder and Stoughton
Released: (first published) 1st of October 2009

Three tales of supernatural love, each pivoting on a kiss that is no mere kiss, but an action with profound consequences for the kissers' souls:

Goblin Fruit
In Victorian times, goblin men had only to offer young girls sumptuous fruits to tempt them to sell their souls. But what does it take to tempt today's savvy girls?

Spicy Little Curses
A demon and the ambassador to Hell tussle over the soul of a beautiful English girl in India. Matters become complicated when she falls in love and decides to test her curse.

Hatchling
Six days before Esme's fourteenth birthday, her left eye turns from brown to blue. She little suspects what the change heralds, but her small safe life begins to unravel at once. What does the beautiful, fanged man want with her, and how is her fate connected to a mysterious race of demons?

What I Have to Say

It's no secret how much I love Laini Taylor. Her words are so beautiful. I think I could be in love with everything she write. This though, was overshone a little by the illustrations. I don't know who the illustrator was, or if it was Laini Taylor herself, but if someone knows please comment to say, because they were so beautiful and such a great way to start and end each of the stories. 

The stories themselves were beautiful in plot and writing. They were the sort of fairytales I like, full of darkness, but with the romantic touch that made them more special. Taylor writes romance really well. 

I can honestly say that I adored every one of the stories in this book. It's sad that it's taken me so long to read this to be honest. But I'm really glad I did. 


No comments:

Post a Comment