Monday 23 February 2015

Arsenic For Tea by Robin Stevens

Synopsis (from Goodreads

Pages: 339
Publisher: Corgi Childrens
Released: 29th of January 2015
Other Books In The Series: Murder Most Unladylike

Schoolgirl detectives Daisy Wells and Hazel Wong are at Daisy's home, Fallingford, for the holidays. Daisy's glamorous mother is throwing a tea party for Daisy's birthday, and the whole family is invited, from eccentric Aunt Saskia to dashing Uncle Felix. But it soon becomes clear that this party isn't really about Daisy at all. Naturally, Daisy is furious.

Then one of their party falls seriously, mysteriously ill - and everything points to poison.

With wild storms preventing anyone from leaving, or the police from arriving, Fallingford suddenly feels like a very dangerous place to be. Not a single person present is what they seem - and everyone has a secret or two. And when someone very close to Daisy looks suspicious, the Detective Society must do everything they can to reveal the truth . . . no matter the consequences.

What I Have To Say

I often find that the second book in the series is less good than the first, but Arsenic for Tea was just as good as Murder Most Unladylike. It instantly threw me back into Hazel and Daisy's world and reminded me everything I loved about the first book. The only thing that I missed was the school. I'm looking forward to them going back in the next book. 

That said, I really loved exploring Daisy's family. Her parents and aunts were delightfully quirky and I really want to learn more about her uncle. The descriptions of the house and the way things like the maze and the tree were utilised were all really well done. I only wish that they could have used the walled garden. 

I loved this book just as much as the first. They are both a delight to read, filled with suspense, secrets, twists and tea parties. You'd do well to pick a Wells and Wong book as your next read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment