Saturday 10 June 2017

Dramatically Ever After by Isabel Bandeira

Synopsis (from Goodreads)

Publisher: Spencer Hill Press 
Released: 6th June 2017 

Senior year is not shaping up to be the picture perfect movie Em Katsaros had imagined. Her super hot leading man is five thousand miles away. Her dad just got laid off. And Em can kiss her first-pick university goodbye if she doesn't snag a scholarship

To turn this Shakespearean tragedy into the Academy Award-winning dream Em has written for herself, she enters a speech competition and manages to cinch a spot in the US Youth Change Council national round. She gets to spend a week in Boston and her prayers might be answered if she can kick butt and win one of the national scholarships.

Everything seems to be going by the script until she finds out Kris Lambert-senior class president, stuck-up jerk, and her nemesis-is going, too. Cue the dramatic music. In Boston, Kris is different. Nice. Cute, even. But she knows his game way too well-be nice to your opponents and then throw them under the bus on your way to victory. Instead of becoming his next victim, Em decides to turn the tables by putting her acting and flirting skills to work. Unfortunately, as they get close to the final competition and judging, reality and acting start to blur.

Can Em use the drama from the stage to get the future she's been dreaming of?

What I Have to Say 

I love book series where we switch to a different character each book. This book made me miss Phoebe's voice a lot, but it's so great to see Em's story and I can't wait for the third one. 

The dynamic between Kris and Em was what really made this book I think. It's so different from Phoebe's story. I also really enjoyed how much the intense field trip to Boston was shown. It highlighted how tied up in her emotions Em was getting, because there just wasn't time to process it while she was going from one conference to the next. 

I really liked Em's character as well. She was so driven. I love to read about people who know what they want and are ready to go out and do anything to get it. With actors like Em it can be especially fun because you can see the characters they put on. 

I think Bookishly is still my favourite, but this is a very good follow up. I can't wait for Practically Ever After! 


My thanks go to Netgalley and Spencer Hill Press for providing me with this copy for review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment