Monday 21 May 2018

Charmcaster by Sebastien de Castell

Synopsis (from Goodreads

Pages: 400
Publisher: Hot Key Books 
Released: 17th of May 2018 

'I was getting almost as good at running away from enemies as I was at making them in the first place. Turns out, I wasn't running nearly fast enough.'

Kellen has begun to master his spellslinging and the Argosi tricks for staying alive, and he and Reichis have found a career that suits them both: taking down mercenary mages who make people's lives miserable. But Ferius is concerned that Kellen is courting 
disaster . . .

What I Have to Say 

I could easily read a million of books in this series without tiring of them. There's always something more to explore, something new that Kellen and the others have to face and more secrets to reveal. I love all the characters and how various people pop up on Kellen's path who he's met or knew before. This book brings back a few names we thought we'd never see again in completely unexpected ways. 

The future however seems to be heating up for Kellen. While I'm looking forward to the next book in the series, I do feel that it might be nearing a conclusion. All good things come to an end and all that. I'm sad to think of never hearing from Kellen and Ferius and Reichis again, but then there is so much more to explore in the world, so maybe there'll be stories from the other people living in his world. 

That is possibly the only letdown in this series is that because of the nature of Kellen's path, we never stay in one country or city long enough to really explore it or the culture. It's a shame but it's the nature of the books. 

I can't wait to see what happens next for Kellen and the gang. 


My thanks go to Netgalley and Hot Key Books for providing me with this copy for review. 


No comments:

Post a Comment