Monday 16 July 2018

The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker by Kerry Wilkinson

Synopsis (from Goodreads)

Publisher: Bookouture 
Released: 26th of July 2018 

‘I will never forget the night I drowned…’

A village with something to hide.

Seventeen-year-old Eleanor Parker wakes up cold and alone in the river that twists through her quiet village. She has no memory of how she got there. But she does know that another girl was drowned in the same river the summer before, held under the water by an unknown killer…

A community torn apart.

Eleanor is a normal, every day teenager. She argues with her mum, spends her days with her best friend, and is looking forward to a carefree summer of sunshine and music. Who would want to hurt her?

A shocking secret.

Determined to unlock the mystery of what really happened to her, Eleanor can't escape the feeling that something awful links her to the previous summer's murder. But will she find out the truth before it’s too late?

What I Have to Say 

This was the weirdest book I've ever read, but it was pretty good. I wouldn't say it was anything particularly special to me really, but I enjoyed the story and the mystery of who killed Eleanor (and whether she was actually dead). 

The death stuff was a bit weird though. It was what drew me to the book to begin with, but it was mostly just weird with her not being able to eat or sleep so just wandering around trying to work things out. 

In general, though it was a fairly good story. The mystery was pretty good though. There weren't really enough suspects for my liking, but it was a really satisfying conclusion. 

In general, I liked it enough, but it wasn't really anything special. 


My thanks go to Netgalley and Bookouture for providing me with this copy for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment