Saturday 4 August 2018

The Storm Keeper's Island by Catherine Doyle

Synopsis (from Goodreads

Pages: 320
Publisher: Bloomsbury Children's Books 
Released: 1st of July 2018 

When Fionn Boyle sets foot on Arranmore Island, it begins to stir beneath his feet ...

Once in a generation, Arranmore Island chooses a new Storm Keeper to wield its power and keep its magic safe from enemies. The time has come for Fionn's grandfather, a secretive and eccentric old man, to step down. Soon, a new Keeper will rise.

But, deep underground, someone has been waiting for Fionn. As the battle to become the island's next champion rages, a more sinister magic is waking up, intent on rekindling an ancient war.

What I Have to Say 

Oh this was the kind of book that made it easy to fall inside of and just live the story. From the start I was just taken away to the Island of Arranmore and deeply absorbed in the story. I loved every second of it. From Fionn's character to the magic of the candles taking him away to various places. I love this world and I can't wait to go back to it.

The magic system of putting the storms inside the candle's and capturing what happens in the candle is amazing. It's so unique and brilliant. I love the fact that the characters could experience stuff, time travel even through burning the candles and the hints that the power of the Storm Keeper was so much bigger than that were so enticing! 

I'm so glad that I read this book and didn't miss it. I'm so excited to see this story continue. To anyone on the edge like I was, absolutely give this book a go. 


My thanks go to Netgalley and Bloomsbury for providing me with this copy for review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment