Wednesday 28 June 2023

Scare Me by Teri Terry

Pages: 448 

Publisher: Hodder Children's Books 

Released: 22nd of June 2023 

The past can haunt you...

Sixteen-year-old Liv can't get on with her own life - not as long as the ghost of her twin sister, Molly, who died at birth, has been her constant companion: she is always there, a part of her that no one else can see or hear.

Liv meets a boy called Echo, who is searching for the truth about his mother's death, and despite Molly's concerns, Liv is drawn to him. Echo believes that if he can just speak to his mother's ghost, he will finally learn the truth about what happened to her and be able to move on with his life.

But he believes the way to reach her is through fear: to scare himself enough to lift the veil between the worlds of the living and the dead. Echo and Liv begin an increasingly dangerous game that tests their greatest fears: but how far is Echo willing to go to uncover the truth?

What I Have to Say 

This was good but it was just a bit predictable. I guessed the main plot twist pretty early on so it felt a bit of a let down. I liked the ending though as I hadn't guessed much beyond the big reveal. 

I really liked the relationship between Molly and Liv. I really liked how they had a bond as sisters and then a bigger bond because Liv was the only one who could see Molly. It was a really interesting relationship to explore. Especially because Molly totally shipped Live and the best friend. 

I think it's because I guess what would happen though that this book didn't really hit quite as much as Teri Terry's stuff normally does. I have to say I'm disappointed. 

 
4 stars 

My thanks go to Netgalley and Hodder Children's Books for providing me with this copy for review. 


No comments:

Post a Comment