Monday 4 May 2015

Shadow, Shadow by V. B. Marlowe

Synopsis (from Goodreads

Pages: 203
Publisher: All Night Reads
Released: 16th February 2015

"The four of you have been blessed with a great gift. Well, it's a gift for you, but a curse for someone else." 

Harley receives a mysterious gift on her sixteenth birthday--a shadow box. The box gives her the power to trade someone to the shadows, meaning they will disappear and cease to exist. Harley can't imagine doing such a horrible thing and is warned that using the box comes at a price. Unfortunately, not using the box can be even more costly. Harley must make this life-altering decision as she discovers frightening revelations about the town she calls home.



What I Have To Say 

I honestly thought this wouldn't be good, but when I'm curious about a book on Netgalley, even if it looks terrible, I like to give them a go. And this is the sort of book that makes it all worthwhile because I really enjoyed it. 

The characters felt like they were blending together a bit too much, especially the two girls. I did find that I got a bit lost with which characters' voice I was reading. But I really liked Harley. Even though she seems like the typical "troubled teen" character, I felt that she was interesting and that there was more to her than met the eye. I found the thing with Nash were especially interesting. 

It was an enjoyable story, with a really good plot. There are a few things that I'm slightly worried may have been lost during the writing, but they could also be being saved for the sequel so I'm going to withhold my judgement on that until I've read the next book. 

This really was a pleasant surprise, I'm so happy that I decided to give it a go. 



No comments:

Post a Comment