Saturday 2 June 2018

Little Liar by Julia Gray

Synopsis (from Goodreads

Pages: 384
Publisher: Anderson 
Released: 7th of June 2018 

 Nora has lied about many things. But has she told her most dangerous lie of all?

There’s a new art assistant at Nora’s school, and he’s crossed a line. Nora decides to teach him a lesson he won’t forget.
But not everything goes quite to plan, and Nora needs an escape. She befriends the rich and talented Bel, who longs for a part in a remake of a famous film. Bel is unpredictable, jealous and crazy, but she opens up a new world for Nora, and that makes her irresistible. 
As events start to spin wildly out of control, Nora must decide where her loyalties lie – and what deceits she can get away with.

What I Have to Say 

This book gripped me right from the very start. There was so much mystery, so much happening and  a main character who couldn't be trusted, let alone believed. Little Liar was such a good story that was impossible to predict. I loved Nora so much, despite how much she lied and how awful she was to the people around her, there was something about her that made me want her to succeed. Despite being a terrible person, she was incredibly likable. 

Bel also was a great character. She made me think a lot about the manic pixie dream girl trope and how there is a friendship version as well. Bel is beautiful and unpredictable and spontaneous. There are often books about quiet girls befriending girls like her and having their world changed around them. Of course it usually ends in tears. 

Little Liar was no exception and I enjoyed the book right until the very end. I was very sorry to finish it and have no more to read. I'm really excited to explore other books by Julia Gray. 


My thanks go to Anderson and Netgalley for providing me with this copy for review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment