Wednesday 28 December 2022

A Merry Little Meet Cute by Julie Murphy and Sierra Simone

Pages: 418 

Publisher: Harper Collins 

Released: 20th of September 2022 

When Bee Hobbes takes the lead in a squeaky-clean romantic Christmas movie, there are only three rules:

1. Don’t get involved with anyone on set.
2. Don’t tell anyone what you do for a living.
3. Definitely don’t get involved with anyone on set.
3b. Seriously.

Now, she’s filming in Christmas Notch, a small town with Christmas trees and festive tunes all year round.

But Bee’s got a secret identity to hide, and it’s not family-friendly. And her co-star, Nolan Shaw, an ex-boyband member infamous for his own x-rated antics, not only knows it, but is secretly her biggest fan.

When things start to heat up on set, Bee and Nolan must keep this steamy affair under wraps, or risk ruining everything . . .

What I Have to Say 

The chemistry between these characters was phenomenal, I could feel their desire for each other from the moment they met, which I find unusual. I think it helped that there was quite a bit of lust in the beginning. I wasn't so keen on the long  sex scenes, they were a bit too much for this asexual but the rest of the relationship was fantastic. 

I was very happy with the body positivity in this book. I should have expected no less from Dumplin' author, Julie Murphy, but Bee is fat and proud of it. The book was also very gay with the two Bisexual main characters and numerous side characters being LGBTQ+. 

If I could sum up this book in one word, it would be positive. It was sex positive, body positive and diverse. It was a joy to read because it unashamedly championed all of the above and more. It left me feeling like the world could be changed into a more positive place. 


My thanks goes to Netgalley and Harper Collins for providing me with this copy for review. 




No comments:

Post a Comment