Monday 6 March 2023

The Nowhere Thief

Pages: 256 

Publisher: Nosy Crow 

Released: 2nd of March 2023 

A mind-bending multiverse adventure about theft, family, and finding your home.

Twelve-year-old Elsbeth has an extraordinary power: she can travel to parallel worlds and bring objects back with her. But as freak weather events become more frequent and a strange boy, Idris, starts to turn up everywhere she travels, she has to ask herself: does her gift come with a price?

What I Have to Say 

I really enjoyed this book, but it was a little disappointing. I wanted more time to explore the worlds that Elsbeth and Idris were going to but most of them they spent barely any time in. Even the main worlds they were in, Elsbeth's and Idris's own two worlds, were only sketchily made. 

I was really sucked into the story though. I felt the characters were really sympathetic and I loved the description of the little cat like animals that existed in Idris' world. 

The ending was another disappointment though. I felt that it all wrapped up a little too conveniently and without that much impact of the kids. Everything just fell into place and was fixed. 

I would like to see more in this universe though as the concept and the characters were really intriguing. 

3.5 stars 

My thanks go to Netgalley and Nosy Crow for providing me with this copy for review. 


No comments:

Post a Comment