Monday 25 September 2023

The Silver Road by Sinéad O'Hart

Pages: 230 

Publisher: Piccadilly Press 

Released: 28th of September 2023 

Myth and magic combine in this unforgettable adventure drawing on Irish folklore, f rom award-winning author Sinéad O'Hart.

The seandraiocht - the Old Magic - isn't remembered like it once was. Its power is fading...

When Rose is entrusted with a powerful stone by a Frost Giant, she is swept into an adventure full of danger. The stone can be used for great good or great evil, depending on its keeper. It leads Rose to discover the magic that runs through all of Ireland. A magic that is threaded together beneath the the Silver Road. But the Silver Road is under threat.

Now Rose must keep the stone from falling into the wrong hands and embark on a quest to find its rightful owner and keep the magic alive . . .

A stunning new fantasy adventure for children, drawing on Celtic folklore. Perfect for fans of Catherine Doyle and Ross Montgomery.

What I Have to Say 

A sweet story about believe and friendship and Irish Folklore with a really strong message of conserving nature. I really enjoyed this book. I liked Rose a lot, the only problem I had was that she didn't really do much. For most of the book we were waiting for the action to start and then in the final battle at the end, she mostly just sat on the side-lines and watched except for a things. 

Other than that, I don't really have a bad word to say about this book. I loved the Irish folklore and the emphasis on sharing and telling the old folklore. I loved the Not- Cat with it's little fern ears and the stag that came in a the end. I think there's a lot in this that kids would be interested in.

Read for Irish culture, a strong environmental message and cute animals. 


3 stars 

My thanks go to Netgalley and Piccadilly Press for providing me with this copy for review. 


No comments:

Post a Comment