Wednesday 18 October 2023

Look Out for the Little Guy by Scott Lang

Pages: 256

Publisher: Igloo Books 

Released: 30th of September 2023 

This is the incredible story of an ex-con turned world-saving superhero.

In Look Out for the Little Guy, Scott Lang shares with the world a bracingly honest account of his struggles and triumphs, from serving time to being a divorced dad to becoming Ant-Man and joining The Avengers. These are stories of epic battles won and lost, as this everyman turned superhero finally tells all—from the official account of what really happened between The Avengers and Thanos to how shrinking down to ant-size really feels to the challenges of balancing the roles of hero and dad.

Across his many adventures big and small, Scott has gathered the wisdom of countless amazing experiences into this, the first memoir from a real-life Avenger. Once you learn the unforgettable details of his epic journey, you won’t need to be reminded… to look out for the little guy.

“Introduces the man behind the hero, and the hero I call friend.”

—Bruce Banner, fellow Avenger

What I Have to Say 

Okay so I requested this book because it made me laugh that someone had actually written it. I really liked Ant-Man they're some of my favourite Marvel movies and I was curious as to what the book would actually be like. And honestly it captured his voice perfectly. There was no time when I was reading it that it sounded off or wrong. I was just reading it the whole time like yep this is Ant-man! 

The only real qualms I have with it is the content. So as it's supposed to be a biography, I knew that it would go over some of what was in the films. But I felt it did a bit too much of it. I was sat there reading through what had happened in the final battle of Avenger's Endgame and was just so bored. I didn't need line by line breakdown of the action, I have watched that already! 

And it was the same for everything. Every anecdote about the Avengers, every example he gave was something from the films. I really think that they could have slipped in a little bit of newly made up stuff just to reward us for our custom! 

So honestly overall, it was a disappointment. 

If you're a huge fan of ant-man and want to read it for the humour (of which there is plenty) and insights in to Scott's character then go ahead, it might be worth it for you. But it wasn't for me. 


3 stars 

My thanks go to Netgalley and Igloo books for providing me with this gifted copy for review. 


No comments:

Post a Comment