Friday 5 January 2024

Faebound by Saara El- Arifi

Pages: 496 

Publisher: Harper Voyager 

Released: 18th of January 2024 

DIVIDED BY BLOOD.

IMPRISONED BY FATE.

BOUND BY DESIRE.

WELCOME TO THE INTOXICATING WORLD OF THE FAE.

Yeeran is a warrior in the elven army and has known nothing but violence her whole life. Her sister, Lettle, is trying to make a living as a diviner, seeking prophecies of a better future.

When a fatal mistake leads to Yeeran’s exile from the Elven lands, they are both forced into the terrifying wilderness beyond their borders. There they encounter the impossible: the fae court.

The fae haven’t been seen for a millennium. But now Yeeran and Lettle are thrust into their seductive world – torn between their loyalty to each other, their elven homeland, and their hearts. . .

What I Had to Say 

This book was everything. I loved every word of it. I will always always love a book where someone has a connection with an animal companion, but I also liked the way they explored how that bond made them see animals differently, how the fae wouldn't eat animals because they saw them as creatures worthy of life. 

I loved the divided loyalties in this book. How the different characters felt about the war. Yeeran the soldier who's loyalty is to her leader and former lover. Her sister, Lettle who sees the war in a very different way. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the next book and how this effects the story. 

I have so many questions about the humans and whether they're really as dead as the characters in the story believe. I can't wait to see how the prophecies turn out. I'm just so excited for the next book, there's so much potential for this series and I really, really can't wait. 


5 stars 

My thanks goes to Netgalley and Harper Voyager for providing me with a gifted copy for review. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment