Wednesday 9 November 2011

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Synopsis (according to the waterstones website

 Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. But Katniss has been close to death before - and survival, for her, is second nature. "The Hunger Games" is a searing novel set in a future with unsettling parallels to our present. Welcome to the deadliest reality TV show  ever..

  What I Have to Say

This is the one book that I recommend to absolutely everyone I know. I think it's so amazingly well written. The character's feel so real that you have to root for them to succeed and the book will keep you reading well into the night (so be careful about starting to read it before bed.)

The cover above is from the first book in the trilogy. This book will get you hooked. The second book, Catching Fire, feels a little bit repetitive but the final book, Mockingjay is the best of all three. 

I think that this book is so incredible that I will say one thing more:

Read this.



5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading the Hunger Games. I've always meant to continue on to reading the others but I've never found the time. I'll try to stick with Catching Fire so I can read Mockingjay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stayed up all night reading it ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually avoid the hype when a book goes to cinema but based on your review I now want to read it before watching the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely do! You'll miss a lot if you go see the movie first. I mean the movie's great, they really did it well, but just read the book first. ^_^

      Delete
  4. Ok so I've read The Hunger Games and thought it was great! You're review sums it up better than I ever could. I wish I'd had the foresight to buy the other two at the same time though, Amazon here I come!

    ReplyDelete