Monday 14 July 2014

Event Report: YALC



I'm not posting a review today because this weekend has been far too hectic and tiring. And that's because I was at YALC!

It was a crowded, busy, tiring, stressful and completely and utterly wonderful weekend. My feet are screaming at me for walking too much and my arms are refusing to stretch too far up or even lift the kettle (I just want a cup of tea!) because of all the books I was carrying around with me. But I would do it again right now if I could. In fact I wish I was still there.

I met so many amazing authors that it would take too long to list them all, let alone detail any of the conversations I had with them, but I met a lot of them as well as a lot of really lovely writers who weren't listed, bloggers, Booktubers, writers, publishing people and YA fans in general.

The best thing about this sort of event is that you can just start a conversation with anyone and have a great chat with them. And you couldn't throw a stone without hitting a blogger (not that anyone tried, I hope!). Although I missed quite a few people I wanted to meet, there were so many bloggers who I did meet (both who I already follow on twitter and brand new) and I really feel like some of them will become great friends.

Unfortunately, I didn't make it to any of the panels, but I did get into the blogging workshop. It was brilliant and so, so useful. I won't say much because I want to write a post solely about it, listing some of the advice from it as well as my feelings about it and blogger goals that I've taken away from it.

I am so glad that I went as I had a really wonderful time. I really can't wait to go again next time.

Did you go to YALC? Or anything similar? Did you make friends? I'd love to hear your stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment