Thursday 2 February 2017

The Mystery of the Painted Dragon by Katherine Woodfine

Synopsis (from Goodreads

Pages: 352 
Publishers: Egmont Books Ltd 
Released: 9th of February 2017 

When a priceless painting is stolen, our dauntless heroines Sophie and Lil find themselves faced with forgery, trickery and deceit on all sides!


Be amazed as the brave duo pit their wits against this perilous puzzle! Marvel at their cunning plan to unmask the villain and prove themselves detectives to be reckoned with – no matter what dangers lie ahead . . .


It’s their most perilous adventure yet!


What I Have to Say 

There's always a sense of calm that comes across me when I open a new book from one of my favourite authors. Katherine Woodfine is definitely one of those. From the first book, I knew that Sinclairs was one of those book places where my imagination can feel at home. 

As always, the mystery that Woodfine created was as always thrilling and compelling, but I did feel a little disappointed that I figured it out so easily. I felt that this one was fairly obvious. Maybe it was just me. It didn't effect my enjoyment of the book too much, but I expected more from Woodfine. 

I love how it ended. It makes me really interested to see how the next book turns out. 


My thanks go to Netgalley and Egmont for providing me with this copy for review. 

2 comments:

  1. I have this on my TBR and I'm looking forward to starting it. I haven't read the other books in the series though - so hoping that won't be a problem. Glad to see you enjoyed this though, despite figuring out the mystery early on. Sweet review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little spoilery for the other books as it references back to them a bit, but you should get along okay with it. Enjoy!

      Delete