Monday 22 January 2018

Final 7 by Kerry Drewery

Synopsis (from Goodreads

Pages: 224
Publisher: Hot Key Books 
Released: 11th of January 2018

Martha and Isaac have escaped, but are now on the run - the government has branded them rebels and a danger to the public. Despite the rewards being offered for turning them in, Martha and her friends are safe in The Rises, the area of the city full of the poor and the powerless. But then the Prime Minister orders a wall to be built around The Rises. Is it for the the safety or the poor - or is it to imprison them? Martha needs to act, and to act fast, in a tale of breathtaking treachery that reaches right to the heart of government... 

What I Have to Say 

This is such a great series and a really great book, but I have to say, it scared and depressed me. When this series started it was an awesome dystopia that was a little frightening because it was something that seemed like it could actually happen. But since the first book came out, reality has moved even closer to fiction and it seemed to mirror our situation and the way the government feel they can get away with lying too us a little too close to comfort. 

The book itself was really good though. As always, Kerry Drewery's writing was beautiful and the book was filled with so many twists and secrets, right up to the very end. 

The end wasn't to my tastes, but it was an interesting way to end it. I like books that end happily really. I like things that come together nicely and give at least most people what they want. Sad endings just make me feel sad and that's the feeling I take away from the book. 

This is definitely a book to get but I feel like maybe it's one to leave on your TBR pile for happier times. 


My thanks go to Netgalley and Hot Key Books for providing me with this copy for review. 




No comments:

Post a Comment