Thursday 25 January 2018

Tin by Pádraig Kenny

Synopsis (from Goodreads)

Pages: 352
Publisher: Chicken House Books
Released: 1st of February 2018

Christopher is 'Proper': a real boy with a real soul, orphaned in a fire. He works for an engineer, a maker of the eccentric, loyal and totally individual mechanicals who are Christopher's best friends. But after a devastating accident, a secret is revealed and Christopher's world is changed for ever... What follows is a remarkable adventure, as Christopher discovers who he really is, and what it means to be human.

What I Have to Say 

This was amazing! It was an adventure story that explored the fine line of humanity and what makes someone a person. I loved the characters and how every worked together and banded around one another. I feel it really showed how family doesn't have to be related. Because the mechanicals are Christopher's family and he's theirs. 

It was definitely a different story to what I expected, but I was happy about that. It really surprised me, especially the twist near the start. I think if it hadn't changed so dramatically, I wouldn't have liked it so much. 

I loved the characters, especially the different mechanicals. They all had such great personalities and habits. They're the sort of characters that I don't think I'll forget for a long time and that I'll remember with fondness. 

I'd love to see more from this concept and these characters. 

 
My thanks go to Chicken House for providing me with this copy for review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment