Sunday 14 October 2018

Books That Make Me Happy


We all have certain books, series and authors that we go to when we want a book that we can really relax and enjoy. Those books that you can just pick up and sink into like you're coming home. They just give you a  buzz, a feeling of complete calm that washes over you.

Since it's now autumn, the season of cosy jumpers and reading by the fire, I thought it would be a perfect time to share a few of mine with you.

Holly Bourne 

Obviously Holly Bourne has to be the top of the list. Her writing is so relaxing and so familiar. Every single one of her books has been fantastic and I know that this will continue. Her writing is full of humour and feminism and such strong beautiful characters who feel like your best friends even when you're meeting them for the first time. 



Leigh Bardugo 

Another of my favourite authors and a slight more perilous series of books, Leigh Bardugo writes characters who especially in Six of Crows are very awful people. But you can fall into their story and lives and let yourself get lost in it all. Warbringer, her Wonder Woman novel, even more so, because obviously, Diana Prince perfect. 



Robin Stevens 

Any time I'm reading this series, I'm happy. Daisy and Hazel are two of my favourite characters in the universe. I can't even choose between them (I mean my first instinct is Daisy, but then there's Hazel? How can I leave out Hazel?). Daisy is the ballsy, excitable, spotlight lit girl, who possibly a little too excited by murder and Hazel is the steadfast, reliable girl who you feel would never let you down.

A cup of tea, a piece of cake and a Wells and Wong mystery is my idea of a perfect day. 


Anna James 

A new favourite, but Tilly and The Bookwanderers was absolutely the same feeling. Pages & Co. is a place where I want to live and Tilly's life is one I would love to have. Just reading about this magical cosy bookshop where you can curl up and read in a nice sofa between the shelves made me feel a hundred times more cosy and happy, instantly. 


These are just four, of so so many books that make me feel this way and this is just one post of many. I'm not sure exactly when I'll share some more, but keep checking in to see more of the books that make me happy. 

What books would be on your list of comfort books? Do any of these four make you feel the same? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments! 

1 comment:

  1. Both Six of Crows and the murder most unladylike series are on my list too :) I would also add Katherine Woodfines Sinclair's mysteries and "The poison Study" series by Maria V Snyder :)

    ReplyDelete