Monday 31 October 2022

The October Witches by

Pages: 352 

Publisher: UCLan Publishing 

Released: 1st of September 2022 

There’s so much to love about October – Halloween, pumpkin everything and MAGIC. Especially magic. But for nervous young witch Clemmie, this October might see the stars descend on her for the first time, bringing with them a whole month of chaotic new power. She’s spent twelve years watching her mum, aunts and cousin receive their October power and knows that, for the Merlyns, magic can get very messy.

And there are those who want to harness their magic and make it last beyond October. It’s a bold experiment, until Clemmie and her coven find themselves in mortal danger. What price must be paid for magic that never ends? Or for having magic at all? 

What I Have to Say 

I think I went into this in the wrong mood. I wanted something warm and cosy with nice autumnal vibes. Which in a lot of way this was, but I would have liked a smaller adventure. A witch getting used to her powers, not a huge war between the Merlyns and the Morgans. 

The actual story was very good. I loved the feelings of family it invokes as well as the unlikely alliances. I loved the sense of hope in the bonds of friendship that it brought up. Also Bobby. Bobby was perfect and I want a Bobby of my very own. 

In all, it wasn't what I was looking for but it was still a good book. Perfect for anyone looking for action and adventure and high stakes. Recommended to drink with a nice warm mug of soup by you. Pumpkin flavour optional. 

 
4 Stars 

My thanks go to Netgalley and UCLan Publishing for providing me with this copy for review. 



No comments:

Post a Comment