Monday 2 January 2012

Just a Quick Check In

Hey, so I've done a few blog posts now and I hope that I've given you guys a bit of a feel for what I'm about. I still have some more catch-up-with-what-I've-loved-in-the-past posts and then a few books that I've read recently that I want to review. But I really just want to check in and have a bit more of a personal chat.

I think that most of you are my friends at this point. I mean please post and let me know if you're not because I'd  love to hear from you if you're someone who's stumbled on my blog and liked it. But since I'm only just starting out, I think it's pretty safe to assume that the majority of people reading this are people who I know.

Anyway, the thing I'm really trying to talk about through all this rambling is that I'd like your feedback. As I'm just starting out and trying to find my style as a blogger, I would really like to know what works and what doesn't. I think I'm a little too formal in my style at the moment so I'm trying to dial it back a bit (it's really hard :( It just comes out like that!!!). Is this working or is it just sounding crazy?

Also, and this goes for all time and not just while I'm starting out, I want to know what you think! Have you read a book that I'm reviewing that you completely disagree with my review of? Then say! I'd like to know what you think. Even if you just post saying that you think I'm speaking complete rubbish or that I'm absolutely right! I want to know.

And if you have a book that you think I should read and review then please say and I'll try and fit it in.

So basically, I want you to comment. Say what you think. Give me feedback. Discuss the book. Discuss other books. Just say hello! Or talk about the weather! Anything. I want to hear from you. 

 I've been scheduling the posts that I've been writing. I've started this mostly because I've got this tendency to sit down and write a lot of reviews at once and I don't want to swamp you with lots of posts at once. I think it's worked quite well, well apart from being kidnapped by the holiday season and not managing to type up some reviews in time. How is this working for you? Is Monday a good day? I'm thinking of keeping it that way. So even if you don't hear from me for months and months you'll know that Monday is the day that you'll get an update. What do you think? Send your replies on a blank postcard please (or you know... comment.)

I will end this very long, unashamedly begging for comments post with a list of titles that are coming up. Order may be changed around during scheduling or based on your feedback (*puppydogeyes*).

Firstly, the books that I read before starting the blog:

- Looking For Alaska by John Green

- Afterwards by Rosamund Lupton

- City of Masks by Mary Hoffman

- Affinity by Sarah Waters

And the books I've read since that I have written reviews for:

- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Strifvater

- Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

- Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, Looking for Alaska, The Scorpio Races and The Iron Knight are all awesome. Looking forward to hearing what you thought about them.

    ReplyDelete