Thursday 1 May 2014

The Coldest Girl In Coldtown by Holly Black

Synopsis (from Goodreads)

Pages: 419
Publisher: Indigo
Released: 3rd of September 2013

Tana lives in a world where walled cities called Coldtowns exist. In them, quarantined monsters and humans mingle in a decadently bloody mix of predator and prey. It's an eternal party, shown on TV 24 hours a day - gorgeous, glamorous, deadly! Because, once you pass through Coldtown's gates, you can never leave...


What I Have To Say 

It has taken me far too long to fall in love with Holly Black. I know it has. A lot of people have told me it has. And finally I can say that it has happened. I am in love with Holly Black and now have to read everything she's written.

The vampires were so dark. Brutal, backstabbing, manipulative and completely out of control. A lot of authors have been trying to get over the influence that Twilight had on vampires and now, finally, Holly Black has managed. With so much darkness, it is far more natural to compare Black’s vampires to those of Ann Rice than those of Stephanie Meyer.

Though I liked all the vampires and their showyness, I think Gavriel was my favourite. His madness makes him much more interesting than the other characters. In the end any character that has a level of predictability that not even they can predict is one to watch.

Just everything about this book was interesting and exciting and just so different from most of the vampire books that are around at the moment. I cannot wait to read more from this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment