Monday 28 April 2014

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater

Synopsis (from Goodreads)

Pages: 450
Publisher: Scholastic
Released: 5th of September 2013
Other Books in the Series: The Raven Boys

Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same. Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life. Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after…

What I Have To Say 

There is still something about this series that just doesn’t do it for me. It’s okay to read but it’s just not special like the rest of Maggie Stiefvater’s books are. Still, I enjoyed The Dream Thieves a lot more than The Raven Boys.

I’m starting to like the characters a lot, especially Blue and Adam. This book also made me really like Ronan. Finding out more about his back story gave me a lot more sympathy for him and I loved the idea of stealing from dreams as well as the way it worked.

 The darkness of dream thievery was also really great. I always like it when magic has a dark side and Maggie Stiefvater is definitely one of the authors who does it best.

No comments:

Post a Comment