Monday 28 March 2016

Flawed by Cecelia Ahern

Synopsis (from Goodreads

Pages: 400
Publisher: Harper Collins Children's Books 
Released: 24th of March 2016 

Celestine North lives a perfect life. She’s a model daughter and sister, she’s well-liked by her classmates and teachers, and she’s dating the impossibly charming Art Crevan.

But then Celestine encounters a situation in which she makes an instinctive decision. She breaks a rule and now faces life-changing repercussions. She could be imprisoned. She could be branded. She could be found FLAWED.

What I Have to Say 

This book left me reeling. It was so powerful that I couldn't stop thinking about it for days after. It was one of those books where you pick up your e-reader to carry on reading only to remember with crushing disappointment, that you finished it the previous night. 

Though when I started reading it, I didn't feel this way. It started out the way that most dystopias start. There was nothing special or unique about it except for the interesting society that Ahern has created. 

And then it started to get intense and everything changed. There are powerful scenes in this book, that I don't think will leave me for a while, that had me gasping aloud as I read them. Ahern deals well with intense pain and what is basically torture in a way that not only shock you as they happen, but deals well with the trauma that these things leave behind.

I've never read Ahern's other books, though I have thought about it in the past, but this has definitely made me want to know if she puts as much emotion into everything she writes. 

I cannot wait for the next book. 


1 comment:

  1. I was on the fence about this book but it seems to be receiving lots of positive reviews. Think I might just have to give it a try - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete