Saturday 5 March 2016

Time Travelling with a Hamster by Ross Welford

Synopsis (from Goodreads

Pages: 335
Publisher: Harper Collins Publishers
Released: 1st of January 2016 

“My dad died twice. Once when he was thirty nine and again four years later when he was twelve.

The first time had nothing to do with me. The second time definitely did, but I would never even have been there if it hadn’t been for his ‘time machine’…”

When Al Chaudhury discovers his late dad’s time machine, he finds that going back to the 1980s requires daring and imagination. It also requires lies, theft, burglary, and setting his school on fire. All without losing his pet hamster, Alan Shearer…

What I Have to Say

I'd heard a lot about this book before I got it. Mostly what I heard was that it was good, but a bit young. And I think that is a terrible thing to say. Because, yes it's about a 12 year old boy, but as a 25 year old woman, I really enjoyed it. 

There are books I read that make me feel like a child. They take me back to my childhood and I get a warm fuzzy comforting feeling inside. For me though, this was not one of these. I read it as just a really good book about a twelve year old boy. 

It was not a light book at all. It was emotional, moving and had a lot of information on theory of relativity. It probably wasn't the most scientifically accurate book considering time travel stories don't tend to be. But Einstein's theories were to my knowledge, explained correctly and it felt very realistic. 

Basically, don't listen to nay saying adults. This is a book for all ages.  

No comments:

Post a Comment