Monday 25 April 2016

Soldier by Julie Kagawa

Synopsis (from Goodreads

Pages: 416
Publisher: Harlequin UK 
Released: 26th of April 2016

A fighter dedicated to saving humankind from dragons in strictest secrecy.

That was what Garret Xavier Sebastian thought he was part of as a soldier of the Order of St. George. What he learned from a fiery dragon hatchling twisted all he believed in and set him on a collision course with certain death-but not without a chance to put things right.

Betrayed and on the run again, Ember and rogue dragon Riley discover an unthinkable truth about Talon and St. George. They'll need Garret's skills and insider knowledge of the Order to negotiate an impossible deal-and if they fail, there will be no way to stop all-out war. 

What I Have to Say 

I don't know what it is about this series, but I'm just not as into it as Kagawa's other books, which I adore. I was so excited for Talon's release, but it just fell flat for me. My interest picked up a bit with Rogue, but it seems to have dipped again with Soldier. I think part of the reason is that I'm just completely bored with love triangles. It was never something I was that interested in to start of with and the more they were inserted into books that just didn't need them, the more bored I become with them. 

That said, I really liked the ending. It was as epic as I have come to expect from Julie Kagawa and SPOILER there's a really cool sword fight. It had a lot of intense emotion and really made me look forward to seeing what's going to happen in the next book. 

Even though I'm still just not into this series, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next, 


No comments:

Post a Comment