Saturday 30 April 2016

Unrivalled by Alyson Noël

Synopsis (from Goodreads

Pages: 368
Publisher: MIRA Ink
Released: 10th of May 2016 

EVERYONE wants to be someone.

Layla Harrison wants to be a reporter.
Aster Amirpour wants to be an actress.
Tommy Phillips wants to be a guitar hero.
But Madison Brooks took destiny and made it her own a long time ago.

She’s Hollywood’s hottest starlet, and the things she did to become the name on everyone’s lips are merely a stain on the pavement, ground beneath her Louboutin heel.

That is, until Layla, Aster, and Tommy find themselves with a VIP invite to the world of Los Angeles’s nightlife and are lured into a competition. The prize, or rather the target? Madison Brooks.

Just as their hopes begin to gleam like stars through the California smog, Madison Brooks goes missing. . . . And all of their hopes are blacked out in the haze of their lies.

What I Have to Say 

Although not a bad story, this was a book about people I didn't like going head to head in a competition that frankly, I didn't care about. The start captured my interest, but then the entire book was the build up to that moment, with no real clues given to what happened. Basically, anyone who wants even a small bit of closer, must read the next book in the series. 

I'm just really disappointed, because I love Alyson Noël as a writer and I just expected more of her. I think if I liked any of  the characters or had any sympathy with them, I might have liked the book more, but I just felt like they were terrible people, although technically not bad characters, just unlikable. 

The story was entertaining enough though and to be fair, I will probably get the next book to find out what happened to Madison, This book really just wasn't for me though. 


My thanks go to Netgalley and MIRA Ink for providing me with this copy for review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment