Monday 25 July 2016

13 Minutes by Sarah Pinborough

Synopsis (from Goodreads

Pages: 320
Publisher: Gollancz
Released: 14th of July 2016 

I was dead for 13 minutes.

I don't remember how I ended up in the icy water but I do know this - it wasn't an accident and I wasn't suicidal.

They say you should keep your friends close and your enemies closer, but when you're a teenage girl, it's hard to tell them apart. My friends love me, I'm sure of it. But that doesn't mean they didn't try to kill me. Does it?


What I Have to Say 

This was a really good story. I liked the suspense and the lies, how so much wasn't what it seemed. It was well told and extremely well written so that it was hard to figure out what happened, even when you pick up on forshadowing and figure out what might be able to come. 

The only thing was that none of the characters really had my sympathy. I think they were supposed to be that way, but I really don't like books like this. Teenage girls using and manipulating each other really just don't interest me that much. 

It was worth reading and I enjoyed a lot of it, but I don't think it's one that I will ever have the urge to reread. 


My thanks go to Gollancz and Netgalley for providing me with this copy for review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment