Thursday 21 July 2016

Ned's Circus of Marvels by Justin Fisher

Synopsis (from Goodreads

Pages: 448
Publisher: Harper Collin's Children's Books 
Released: 30th of June 2016 

Ned Waddlesworth has always considered his world to be exceptionally ordinary. Until the day he discovers it ISN’T. AT ALL. Because on Ned’s thirteenth birthday he discovers that everything magical he’s ever read about or imagined is REAL.
And without him, the world will soon be engulfed in monstrous beasts and beings.

So with the help of a robot mouse, a girl witch and a flying circus unlike any other, it’s up to Ned to swoop in and save the day!

Roll up, roll up, and prepare to be AMAZED by Ned and the marvellous, magical, monstrous flying circus!

What I Have to Say 

This book was enjoyable, but it was one of those books that there's nothing really that sets it apart in my mind from all the other books I've read. It's just one of those books about a boy who thinks he's dull and ordinary and then finds out he needs to save the world. It's a great story, but there are tons of stories just the same on the market. 

I'm not saying that it's not worth reading. I'm sure that some people will find something to peak their interest. They might like the faery type creatures that are featured or the way the magic works. As I said, it's a perfectly written and well crafted story. It just fell flat for me. 


My thanks go to Harper Collins and Netgalley for providing me with this copy for review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment