Friday 28 July 2023

Forget Me Not by Julie Soto

Pages: 

Publisher: Harper Collins 

Released: 1st of July 2023 

Ama Torres is a great wedding planner. Ama Torres does not believe in happily-ever-afters… When Ama lands the job of her dreams, a headline-grabbing wedding for a glamorous Instagram star and her fiancee, it’s her biggest job yet. But the florist is none other than Elliot Bloom – Ama’s ex, the man whose heart she broke two years ago. The man she hasn’t spoken to since. Can they get through the wedding without killing – or kissing – each other?

What I Have to Say 

I'm not big into romance but this concept seemed cute so I gave it a go and it was really nice and relaxing to read. I liked the characters a lot and it was a bit different from any romance I've read before so it was good to read. 

The fact that they were exes was what interested me. It was good in some ways but bad in others. It was good because it meant that a lot of conflict had happened in the past, so I could relax and not worry too much because the characters weren't together. But because of knowing something big had happened in the past and also because of Elliots grumpy attitude, I didn't warm to him very quickly and I wasn't that invested in them getting together. 

There was also no honeymoon period. All the time they were together in the flashbacks, I was aware that something was about to happen and ruin it all and that also gave me trouble with investing. Obviously it's romance so I knew it would end happily, but that didn't give me any satisfaction. 

Overall though it was a good romance. It did stuff different and most importantly it was something I could relax into and just read. 


4 stars 

My thanks go to Netgalley and Harper Collins for this gifted copy for review. 



No comments:

Post a Comment