Monday 6 April 2015

The Bomb by Sarah Mussi

Synopsis (from Goodreads)

 My thanks goes to Netgalley and Hachette Children's books for providing me with this e-Arc.

Pages: 336
Publisher: Hodder Children's Book
Released:  7th of May 2015

When Genesis goes on an internet date she is only anxious that this latest guy won't be 'The One'. She's not at all worried about meeting a dodgy bloke or getting in too deep. And when her date appears she texts her best mate, Jackson, to let him know that she thinks this time, he just might be 'The One'. And he texts her back with a huge: I LIKE.

It's the one all right. But not in the way she expects.

For when Genesis wakes up the next day, she can't remember a thing. She can't remember where she is, or how she got there. And she can hardly move because she is strapped into some kind of body armour ... and then a voice sounds in her head: 'Get on to the 37 going north. You are strapped to a vest made entirely of explosives. At the push of one button I can detonate you right where you stand.'


To her horror, Genesis has become an agent of mass destruction. The countdown to detonation begins now...

What I Have to Say 

I absolutely adore Sarah Mussi's books. They have so much suspense and drama to them, while dealing with the big issues that our society is worried about. I enjoyed Riot so much and now I've enjoyed Bomb even more. Although the ending! Why do books do that? They make me so emotional. I really have to stop reading books that end like this in public.

The religion created in the book was really interesting. Obviously based in part on Islam, or at least the more radical Islam/ ISIS, I like how she made it more Westernised, made it so that it was a threat from home that was threatening the country. It made an impact on me.

All the twists and turns were surprising, except one that I saw coming from the start. I expect if you've read the book, you saw it too. But I felt so emotional for poor Genesis despite knowing from the start. I think I may have been crying on the train for that bit too....

If you haven't discovered Sarah Mussi yet and you like suspenseful thrillers, then you have to find her now!



No comments:

Post a Comment