Thursday 20 September 2018

Evolution by Teri Terry

Synopsis (from Goodreads

Pages: 464
Publisher: Orchard Books 
Released: 9th of August 2018 

Into the fire ...

The final part of the trilogy from multi award-winning author Teri Terry.

Shay has followed Xander and joined his mysterious scientific cult at their remote Scottish compound. She's desperately searching for Callie, who went missing before the start of the epidemic that kills 95% of cases, and leaves a tiny number of survivors with astonishing new powers.

Can Shay uncover the truth about the origins of the epidemic, find Callie and perhaps even rekindle her relationship with Kai? Or will Xander's grand plans destroy them all for ever?

What I Have to Say 

I've not been as excited for these books as much as I have for other Teri Terry books, but I honestly don't know why. The books are just as good as the other Teri Terry books I've loved and they pull you in just as much as the others. It's just that when I'm not in the middle of reading them that I've not got that same buzz I normally feel from the books. 

I love these books though! That's the craziest part. I love the characters and all the mysteries surrounding Callie and the origin of the epidemic. I love the conspiracies and Xander's involvement. I love Shay and Kai and the concept. The writing is good, the plot is unpredictable and engrossing. There is absolutely no reason for it to fall flat. It makes me sad that I'm not looking back at these books with the same feeling as the other books. 

But it was a really satisfying conclusion. Everything came together nicely and it was a good conclusion. 

This series was really good and I did really enjoy reading it. It may be that I don't remember it as fondly as the other Teri Terry books, but it was a really great series all the same. I hope you don't let my lack of excitement about it put you off. 


My thanks go to Netgalley and Orchard Books for providing me with this copy for review. 

6 comments:

  1. I keeo hearing about these, i think i might have the first one too. Looking forward to reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Terry's debut series but I hadn't thought to pick this one up. It sounds really good though! It's always great when a series wraps up well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slated is still one of my favourite series. Mind Games was amazing too.

      Delete
  3. That cover is gorgeous! I haven't read any of Terry's works yet, but I've heard good things - I'll have to add this series to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the covers for this series. They've all got the nice silhouette thing going on. You should read Mind Games or the Slated series first. They're both amazing. This series is good, but they're just incredible.

      Delete