Thursday 14 February 2019

Fierce Fragile Hearts by Sara Banard

Synopsis (from Goodreads

Pages: 354 
Publisher: Macmillan Children's Books 
Released: 7th of February 2019 

'This time around, I'm going to be so much better. I'm going to prove to them that it was worth waiting on me.' 

Two years after a downward spiral took her as low as you can possibly go, Suzanne is starting again. Again. She's back in Brighton, the only place she felt she belonged, back with her best friends Caddy and Rosie. But they're about to leave for university. When your friends have been your light in the darkness, what happens when you're the one left behind?

What I Have to Say 

It was so great to get to see Caddy, Rosie and Suzanne again, especially from Suzanne's view point, because I find Suzanne an amazing character. I love how perfectly she's written, a screwed up survivor coping with PTSD and her crappy family, who still, after everything she went to, defend her father and see her as being dramatic.

I felt so much for Suzanne. She's been through so much and now she's out in the world having to live on her own. Though at some points it's frustrating (ask for help, Suze!!!) you can't help rooting for her. It's like she's a friend. You can definitely see how Caddy and Rosie feel trying to support her. She's such a sweet person but her life is so hard and she has some bad habits when she gets triggered.

I just really really loved seeing it all from Suzanne's viewpoint. It worked perfectly, in the same way that the first book worked really well from Caddy's point of view. I just want so much more from these characters.

And it has a dog in it! What more can you ask for?


My thanks go to Macmillan and Netgalley for providing me with this free copy for review. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to read this one! I absolutely loved Beautiful Broken Things so I have high hopes.

    Katie @ The Queen of Teen Fiction

    ReplyDelete